TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OF GRANDHOTEL PUPP KARLOVY VARY, A. S.
Conditions for the Conclusion of an Accommodation Agreement
- GRANDHOTEL PUPP Karlovy Vary, a. s. (hereinafter the Hotel or Accommodation Provider) provides services according to its classification corresponding to the level of the Hotel.
- Accommodation of a guest is always defined in the course of a binding reservation, and the guest is charged the corresponding price for such accommodation type according to the valid price list.
- The Hotel shall be entitled to preferentially accommodate guests who have a valid accommodation reservation and who are duly registered. Upon arrival, guests shall present valid proof of identity, a personal ID card or passport, sign the registration card, and provide a guarantee in the form of a cash payment or pre-authorisation of a payment card in the corresponding amount. The receptionist shall issue the guest accommodation card containing the name of the hotel, the guest's name, the room number and the time for vacating the room on the last day of the stay. This shall be deemed the conclusion of an Accommodation Agreement pursuant to the provisions of Section 2326 et seq. of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code. The receptionist shall provide the guest with an electronic room key (depending on the number of accommodated guests). The Accommodation Agreement shall always be entered into in writing. To observe the requirement for the written form, the confirmation of the reservation order in writing or by e-mail or the completion of the guest registration card shall be sufficient.
- The processing of the guest’s personal data for accommodation purposes shall be governed by the GDPR and the applicable legislation; details are available on the Hotel's website. The guest hereby grants consent to the Accommodation Provider to process and keep their personal data to the extent of the data provided for the purposes of providing accommodation and registering guests pursuant to Act No. 565/1990 Coll. on local fees and levies and Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the stay of foreign nationals in the territory of the Czech Republic and amending certain laws. The detailed obligations of the guest and the Accommodation Provider regarding the keeping of the guest register, or the house books, are stipulated in the above-stated legal regulations.
- Should the guest not present a valid proof of identity (personal ID card, passport), the Hotel is entitled to refuse to accommodate the guest.
- Guests under the age of 18 shall be accommodated only if accompanied by an adult.
- Based on a confirmed order, the Hotel shall accommodate the guest from 2 p.m. to 12 a.m. For this period of time, the room is reserved for the guest, unless otherwise specified in the order. Any earlier check-in before 2 p.m. shall be agreed on in advance at the time of the reservation, and the guest must wait for written approval and a possible extra charge for this premium service by the Hotel.
- The Hotel has no obligation to accommodate guests without a prior confirmed reservation or guests arriving after 12 a.m.
- Both the Accommodation Provider and the guest shall comply with any and all legal regulations of the Czech Republic. They shall also comply with any governmental regulations relating to public health and the epidemiological situation in the Czech Republic. This mainly concerns situations in which, for example, an emergency condition is declared and relevant public health restrictions are applied and which must be observed by both the Accommodation Provider and the guest. Should the guest fail to comply with the declared restrictions (e.g., antigen tests, mandatory mask, vaccinations, etc.), the Accommodation Provider may immediately terminate the Accommodation Agreement without any claims from the guest. Should the guest be unable to present the required documentation relating to such restrictions upon arrival, the Accommodation Provider is entitled to refuse to enter into the Accommodation Agreement (despite the valid reservation) without the obligation to refund the fees or funds already paid. If such restrictions are imposed during the stay of the guest (i.e., the Accommodation Agreement has already been concluded), the Hotel shall notify the guest of such fact, including the consequences of non-observance.
Accommodation Provider’s Responsibility for the Guest’s Belongings
- Should belongings be lost or stolen, this fact shall be immediately reported to the Hotel operator/receptionist, who will contact the Police of the Czech Republic.
- The Hotel shall be liable for damage to the stored belongings only if they have been stored in the place designated for that purpose or handed over to any of the Hotel’s staff for safekeeping. The Hotel bears no liability for any other of the guest’s belongings put aside or forgotten. The Hotel shall be liable for jewellery, cash and other valuables only if they have been placed in the Hotel vault, taken over by the Hotel for safekeeping, or if they have been damaged as a result of the conduct of the Hotel staff. The accommodation facility is responsible for the cash and belongings stored in the Hotel vaults in keeping with the applicable legislation of the Czech Republic. A claim for damage compensation shall be lodged with the Hotel within 15 days of the aggrieved guest identifying the damage. Belongings forgotten or left in the room after the guest’s departure shall be stored by the Hotel for a maximum of 3 months.
- If the electronic room key is lost, the guest shall immediately report the loss to the reception desk. Should the guest fail to do so, the Hotel shall bear no liability for any damage resulting from the loss of the key.
General Accommodation Rules
- If a guest that has already checked in repeatedly enters the Hotel, the guest shall, upon request from the receptionist or other authorised Hotel staff, present a valid Hotel accommodation card.
- Should a Hotel guest under the influence of alcohol or narcotics not provide a guarantee of compliance with the accommodation rules, such person may be prevented from entering the Hotel or their stay may be terminated (withdrawal from the Accommodation Agreement on the part of the Hotel).
- The Hotel may only be used by persons who are not suffering from infectious diseases. Upon arrival at the Hotel, the guest shall notify the reception desk of their potential health problems (disability, visual or hearing disorder, etc.). This information may help provide, if necessary, medical assistance or easy evacuation of guests in the event of fire or other serious incidents.
- For serious operational reasons, the Hotel may offer accommodation in another accommodation facility to the guest, always in the same category or higher.
- If the guest orders a certain type of room and the reservation is confirmed, the agreed price is charged to the guest even if the Hotel accommodates the guest in a room with more beds in a room of a higher category.
- If the guest requests an extension of their stay, the Hotel may, for capacity reasons, offer the guest a room other than the one in which the guest was originally accommodated.
- Common areas are available to Hotel guests for receiving visitors. The guest may only receive visitors in their room with the consent of the Hotel reception staff, and only from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Guests may not allow visitors or third parties that are not registered to stay in their room (i.e., individuals without an accommodation agreement concluded with the GRANDHOTEL PUPP Hotel).
- Guests shall respect quiet hours in all areas of the Hotel and its immediate vicinity from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- If a guest falls ill or is injured, the Hotel shall arrange for medical assistance or transport to a hospital. The expenses incurred shall be paid by the guest.
- Guests are authorised to use our free Wi-Fi connection in all parts of the Hotel. However, the Hotel does not assume any liability for any damage caused to the guest’s computer. The Hotel recommends that guests use their own firewall to access the internet.
- Dogs and other pets may be accommodated, provided that the owner presents proof of their perfect health condition. The price of accommodation for pets is charged according to the current price list. The owner is responsible for any damage caused by the animal. In the common areas, the dogs must be on a short leash, larger dogs must wear a muzzle. Other animals must be in a closed cage and their free movement inside the Hotel is not permitted. Animals are prohibited from entering the Grand Restaurant, Becher’s Bar and hotel spa.
- Guests may park their vehicles only in designated parking places and only at the express instruction of Hotel staff. Parking is charged according to the valid price list.
- A smart casual dress code is required in the Hotel’s common areas. Hotel staff is entitled to draw guests’ attention to this fact at any time. Guests that fail to dress properly may be denied access to the Hotel’s common areas.
- Guests are not permitted to consume their own food in the Hotel’s common areas.
- Children under 12 years of age are only allowed to enter the hotel spa accompanied by an adult and only until 6 p.m.
Safety, Guest’s Responsibility for Damage Caused
- It is forbidden to carry weapons in the Hotel. An exception in special cases (security for state representatives, etc.) may only be granted by a member of the Hotel’s top management.
- Guests may not move or damage the furnishings or other Hotel equipment or use it for purposes other than that for which it is designated. They may not carry out any modifications or changes to the electrical mains or other installations.
- Guests shall be liable for damage caused to Hotel property.
- Guests shall pay for damage they cause, unless they can prove that they are not responsible. This entitlement of the Hotel also applies to damage discovered after the guest has departed.
- Guests are required to report any identified defects and to observe fire regulations. Evacuation plans are available at the entrance door to every room and in the hallways.
- For safety reasons, guests are not permitted to use their own electrical appliances, except for those intended for personal hygiene (electric razor, hair dryer, etc.) and low-power electrical appliances used for personal needs, such as laptops, mobile phones, tablets, chargers for camcorders and cameras, etc.
- Guests shall allow persons designated by the Hotel to enter the room.
- For safety and social reasons, it is not appropriate to leave children under 11 years of age in the room or in other hotel areas unattended by adults.
- Guests are not allowed to bring sports equipment and items (e.g., bikes, skis) into their room, as there is a depository provided at the reception desk.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the Hotel. Should this prohibition be violated, the Hotel is entitled to charge guests CZK 5,000 for special cleaning services. In the event that a guest causes a fire alarm to be set off by their incautious behaviour, they shall be charged for fire brigade’s arrival.
- Guests must not use any explosives (fireworks) in the Hotel or its vicinity.
- Guests shall use the room for the period agreed to with the Hotel (under the concluded Accommodation Agreement) and shall vacate the room by 11 a.m. on the last day of the agreed stay. Upon request and if the operation (capacity) permits, the stay may be extended for a fee according to the valid price list. Should the guest not vacate the room by the agreed time, the Hotel shall charge a fee equal to the price for a night’s stay. In the event that the Hotel has already reserved the room and the guest fails to acknowledge the request to vacate the room or is not present in the Hotel, the Hotel reserves the right, with the participation of a three-member committee, to make a list of the guest’s belongings and store them in a safe place so that the room can be used by the guest that has booked it.
- Upon departure, guests shall close the water taps, turn off the lights, close the windows and doors and return the key to the reception desk.
- Guests shall pay for accommodation and services at the end of their stay based on the valid price list. In the event of an extended stay, guests shall pay their bill at least once a week. Before leaving the Hotel, each guest shall duly check and settle their bill.
- Information about the prices of hotel services is available at the reception desk and on the Hotel website.
- Hotel management welcomes any suggestions for improvement and will also appreciate any critical feedback.
- Guests shall comply with the provisions of these Accommodation Rules. Should a guest violate these Rules, Hotel management has the right to withdraw from the Accommodation Agreement before the agreed accommodation period expires in accordance with the applicable laws of the Czech Republic.
- The Hotel, as the Seller, pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of Act No. 634/1992 Coll. on consumer protection, hereby informs the consumer of the option to settle disputes arising from the contracts entered into with the Seller using the institute of voluntary consumer dispute settlement, which is the Česká obchodní inspekce (the Czech Trade Inspection Authority) (www.coi.cz), with its registered seat at Štěpánská 567/15, Prague 2, 120 00.
These Hotel Accommodation Rules become valid and effective on 1 January 2021. The previous versions shall cease to be valid once the new version of the Rules takes effect.
GRANDHOTEL PUPP Karlovy Vary, a. s.